Friday, August 01, 2008

One down, one to go...


This week, I turned in the final revision for one of the books I've been writing over the past few months. I also have a sneak peek at the cover, which I've posted at my website:
Isn't it cute?? This book is intended for a slightly younger audience than my romantic comedies (it will be published by Scholastic), and I've had so much fun writing it. The most notable difference between a "Ro Com" and this "Candy Apple"? My main characters can't kiss. Bummer.

Unlike Aimee, however, there's no rest for the weary (I am seriously pooped) - my second book of the summer (my next Romantic Comedy for Simon Pulse!) is due on September 8, and I still have about 80 pages to go. I've been sort of flip-flopping between my two manuscripts all summer, and finally wrapped the first one up. So now - after a little rock exploration (see picture) - I can put all my energy into my next Ro Com (tentatively titled "Drive Me Crazy"...but don't hold me to that). Hopefully next time you hear from me, I'll be most of the way done with that book and maybe I'll even have a cover to share!

I hope you're all enjoying your summers. PS: Make sure you check out the trailer for my friend David Levithan's book's movie trailer - Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. How exciting! www.myspace.com/trailerpark

Later,
E.

5 comments:

Little Willow said...

Very cute. Good luck with them both!

Erin Downing said...

Aw, thanks, LW!

Wendy Toliver said...

Love the new cover. Best wishes!

Kelly McClymer said...

I'm glad you took some time for fun! Have to refill the well.

Kelly

Jennifer Echols said...

That cover is adorable. I can't wait to read this one AND your next Pulse ro-com! Your books are hilarious.