Monday, June 01, 2009

Drive Me Crazy...out tomorrow!

Hey everyone. You may have seen that I've been running a little contest to win copies of Drive Me Crazy, my next Simon Pulse Ro Com, that is in stores tomorrow! (Head over to my website if you missed the contest...it ends tomorrow.)

I asked people to tell me about their favorite romantic comedy and why they love it. I got SO MANY responses from very passionate readers. In order to help readers who are somewhat new to this line, I thought it would be fun to post some of the responses here so you can see what other people love about these books. (Note: This is definitely not every response - this is just the tip of the iceberg!)


PROM CRASHERS
“I like the whole idea of crashing proms…and the fact that they get to go to so many proms!”

“It’s the only multiple-love interest ro com I've ever read that has an ACTUAL question of which cute boy the heroine will end up with. In fact, I was genuinely surprised (but very pleased) that Emily ended up with [?]…Not to mention that her friends and all the crashing of proms was totally awesome.”

MAJOR CRUSH
“I really loved this book because the two characters, Drew and Virginia, are so different, but they still manage to get along in the end…I love Jennifer Echols style of writing.”

“Because I love the hate-love relationship that goes on between the two main characters, Virginia and Drew”

“The book never fails to make me laugh, and I've read it at least three times.”

“The extreme sarcasm and band geek boy.”

BOYS NEXT DOOR
“The characters are great…the entire book was dripping with dramatic irony that just made me want to scream at the characters in the book, to let them know the truth so they don't screw it up!...Basically, I finished, flipped the book over, and started again.”

“It is the most heart wrenching, adorable, and best book I have ever read!!! … It was the sweetest love story I have read and I could just babble on about how I loved it but I think I will stop here.”

“It’s a real page turner, the whole plot keeps you hooked, you like don't wanna put the book down and it’s really interesting. The plot has all these twists and turns and you're just like OMG!”

“One of the main reasons is that I don't really like summer (actually, that's kind of an understatement), I'm more of an Autumn/Winter, rainy-day type girl but this book actually made me excited for summer…plus, the characters were awesome, funny and relatable.”

HOW NOT TO SPEND YOUR SENIOR YEAR
“It's just so funny and well-written…it was a very original plot.”

“I thought that the romance was handled in a fresh and clever way.”

“It had a good romance element but was also very funny. The characters were very realistic. Very original too.”

(I think I maxed out on images...check out the covers for the books below in the right sidebar!)

ANIMAL ATTRACTION
“I could relate to Jane's character and I loved the idea of Radio Karma…Animal Attraction gives me so many laughs whenever I pick it up.”

SEA OF LOVE
“It was really sweet and quirky at the same time. You just had to feel happy.”

A NOVEL IDEA
“I love to read, so I like that she uses a book club to get guys!”

GETTIN' LUCKY
“I like how the main character Cass Parker is totally together and how she doesn't let the fact that she broke up with her boyfriend bother her.”

RIPPED AT THE SEAMS
“It was one of those books you couldn’t put down until you were done. Very funny and interesting.”

CUPIDITY
“Because I love Greek mythology and that's what it's plays on.”

What your favorite???

3 comments:

Jennifer Echols said...

I'll bite! I haven't read nearly all of them, but of the ones I've read:

Erin's are the funniest (I still LMAO every time I see the cover for Prom Crashers or read the tagline, "Will you go to the proms with me?").

Niki has the best hook, with a chick dating a real prince, in the Royally Jacked series.

Micol has the deepest, most thought-provoking, and sexiest book: 30 Guys in 30 Days.

Cameron has the best plot with How NOT to Spend Your Senior Year.

Aimee has the most romantic book (especially for book nerds like me!) with A Novel Idea.

Micol Ostow said...

They're all awesome, but Niki Burnham's ROYALLY JACKED was the first I read, and I loved it. Cam Dokey's How NOT to Spend...was a book that my editor acquired (when I was her assistant) and we were just starting to put together and plan the Ro Co line. And I love PUPPY LOVE mainly because as we all know, I'm such a dog person.

But again, I must stress--they ALL ROCK!

Analyn said...

I love all of them!! At least all the ones I've read/collected so far (just 10 more to go and I have the whole set! - obsessed much?). If I had to pick a few stand-out ones off the top of my head, I'd say: The Boys Next Door, Major Crush, Miss Match, Something Borrowed, Love Hollywood Style, Love Off Limits, Drive Me Crazy, Getting To Third Date, In The Stars... maybe I should just list my entire collection so far.... =/