Thursday, September 28, 2006

Greetings from Florida!


Hello to any and all Ro-Com readers. Greetings from Florida, my name is Jamie and I am the author of Animal Attraction. Before I go any further, I want to thank Jenn so much for setting up this blog. It's going to be really fun getting together this way. I love talking about writing and I had so much fun writing this book. (I'm just starting a new one, keep your fingers crossed and I'll let you know if it starts to develop into something fun.)

Unlike the other writers here I don't have a fancy web page or even a My Space account. I'd like to say that it's because I'm arty and mysterious, but that's not why. The truth is, my computer skills are about as good as my dating skills were in high school. (If you've read the book you know what that means.)

For starters, we're all just kind of introducing ourselves. I have spent most of my life in Florida (except for the first two years in Italy and the college years in California.) I grew up in a small beach town just like the main character in Animal Attraction. I love writing books, but my day job is writing and producing television shows. If you have any younger brothers or sisters, they may be familiar with the kids shows I've written like Jojo's Circus and Clifford's Puppy Days. Your parents might have seen some of the shows I've done for the History Channel. And, depending on your age and your memory, some of you may have watched the series I used to write like The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo on Nickelodeon and Mickey Mouse Club on Disney Channel.

They were all fun to work on, but I don't know if any was as much fun as writing Animal Attraction. I would love to hear from any of you that may have read it. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll make sure to check and post regularly.

Thanks again

3 comments:

Jennifer Echols said...

I LOVE JoJo's Circus! You have the coolest job!

Little Willow said...

Hi Jamie!

Animal Attraction was a very cute story. I love all of Amy Saidens' covers, naturally, and the expression on Jane's face is perfect.

The world is small. I know someone who was a regular on Shelby Woo during its first season.

MMC rocked the house.

Kelly McClymer said...

I haven't read Animal Attraction yet, but I loved the premise the moment I saw it (I once thought about working at Disney for the summer). And I once dressed in a Winnie the Pooh costume for our library fundraiser, so I absolutely understand how uncomfortable those suits can me.

Kelly