Saturday, March 03, 2007

Book Release Obsession

Okay, people, Erin Downing here and this is the last time I'll talk about my new book for a while. But since February 20-something was, officially, Prom Crashers' in-store release date, I've decided I need one more post for self-promotion. So here it is:

PROM CRASHERS IS OUT IN STORES!!! NOW!! THIS WEEK... TODAY...TOMORROW...GO!

Whew. I feel better. It's relaxing to write in all CAPS. It feels as comforting as shouting, which, let's all be honest, is pretty fun to do. HOLLER! YELL! My new book is out in stores! Rumor has it that a few of the big book chains have some pretty nifty prom-themed tables and endcaps up in store, so it should be pretty easy to find.

I wrote this book in just a few short months last year, which means I spent countless hours with a big iced coffee and my Mac and grew really close to the characters - I sort of slipped into their world and didn't come back out until the first draft was emailed to my editor. I really enjoyed writing it, mostly because I loved my own prom (if you read the bio at the back of Prom Crashers, you'll find out that I have been to a number of school formals in my lifetime...it was a bit of an addiction for me in high school). But real life could never compare to the proms that Emily and her friends crash in the book. They meet some serious crazies...

I hope you enjoy the book - if you have something to say, please review it somewhere. Authors love to hear what their readers think, so speak your mind.

Later,
E.

5 comments:

Kelly McClymer said...

Yay, Erin! What a cute cover...and the title is intriguing, too.

Go. Enjoy. Take pictures.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

WTG, Erin! Can't wait to read it.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading the book a few hours ago and I LOVED it!!! By the end it was sort of begining to remind me of Pretty in Pink! It was really cute! I also loved Dancing Queen, I finished that book in, like, three hours!!!

Erin Downing said...

Aw, thanks Anonymous! So glad you liked it! Pretty in Pink is quite the compliment.

Enjoy the book, Wendy.

E.

Micol Ostow said...

YAY, Erin! Can't wait to hear you read tonight.

Congrats.