Friday, April 20, 2007

Let's re-rethink this "athlete" thing

I just picked up my T-shirt and number for the 15K I'm running tomorrow. Imagine my surprise and chagrin that the T-shirt boldly proclaims, "THE SOUTH'S TOUGHEST 15K." Was I notified of this? I think not. What does it mean? Is it uphill both ways? Will the other runners try to knock me down with their elbows like in the roller derby? Isn't it bad enough that it's a 15K in the first place??? I think I will drive the course this afternoon and make sure no one's passed out on the side of the road.

Saturday morning update: I can't do it. I've been sick. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. I hoped against hope I'd be well enough to run this morning, but alas. Now I'm coming to terms with the fact that if you're committed to anything over the long haul, sometimes it won't work out, and you have to try again. Check back here for the triumphant return of Iron Jenn. *cough*

1 comment:

Micol Ostow said...

Running when you're sick is a silly idea. Rest up--there will be other races in which I'm sure you will rock out!