Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winter Blahs

Here we are at the end of January, and I'm always looking for fun and active things to do to shoo away the winter blahs. I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by ski resorts, so there's always skiing and boarding. And we sure have the white stuff this year! However, if you don't have season passes, it can get expensive. Same with snowmobiling, unless you own your own machines. Which, personally, I don't.

The other day, my whole family went snow-shoeing. Oh, man, that was great! It was a quiet, snowy afternoon and we walked around a lake, seeing who sunk and who managed to stay on top. Sledding is another winter favorite. Not only are these two activities fun and affordable, they're great exercise!

Last night my bunch and two other families went to the rock climbing gym. The kids did great and I mainly ran around keeping the baby from being someone's landing pad and hoisting people back onto the "mountain" when they got swinging too high. Stupid me, I wore the wrong kind of shoes so I didn't get to climb myself. There's always next week, right?

What do you do to keep active and have fun in the dead of winter?

No comments: