Monday, December 01, 2008

(Post) Thanksgiving Top Five Things For Which I'm Thankful...


And yes, I know, I'm late to the party. I usually post on this blog around the 15th of the month, meaning that this month I have managed to fall fully two weeks behind. But given how crazed my schedule has been this semester (and yes, I will continue to measure out my life in semesters until I graduate from my MFA program this Jan; bear with me), two weeks is actually not too shabby.

Anyhoo, around this time of year I, like so many other people, do a lot of sentimental taking-of-stock, and I wanted to share the top five things for which I'm all grateful and stuff this holiday season:

1) My friends and family (which OF COURSE includes the little devil pictured above, Miss Bridget Jones, aka my constant partner in crime). As I've mentioned on this blog, my family will be increasing in size exponentially come next fall via the wedding that ate Manhattan, and I can't believe that I get to live out my own personal RoCom with the coolest, funniest, smartest guy around.

2) My health. I haven't been running or hitting the gym nearly as hard as I have in years past, but I'm dedicated to keeping fit. Sound body, sound mind, etc., etc...Top New Year's resolution? I'm going to be way more diligent about flossing. Swearsies.

3) Inspiration everywhere! Every time I read a book I adore, I fall in love with writing all over again. Most recently? THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX, THE WAY HE LIVED, and PAPER TOWNS. Have you read them yet?

4) The opportunity to make a living doing exactly what I've always wanted to do. How cool is that?

5) Fans/readers/writers/cyber-buds like YOU.

Okay, you've heard my list. So what I wanna know now is what you're thankful for, these days! Post post post!
(But don't worry; if I don't hear from you, I'll be back here mid-month--right on time, this time. I promise!)

Oh--and happy holidays.

2 comments:

Debbie Rigaud said...

I'm grateful I survived our Thanksgiving visitors (who left yesterday)! My in-laws flew in with their two RAMBUNCTIOUS granddaughters (age 5 and 3). It was their first visit (hubby and I are newlyweds) and their first time in Bermuda. Among the highlights of their stay: During a stroll through the Botanical Gardens the 5-year-old asked a stranger why she was black and the baby with her was white. Yes. Never a dull moment.

Micol Ostow said...

Ah, family. Congrats on surviving!