Friday, February 19, 2010

Odds n' ends

Hello! A lot has happened since my last post and there are so many things that are making me happy.


1. Writing. I'm working on a new book idea and it's coming along swimmingly. It's still early days and I haven't even shown it to my agent, but as writers out there are sure to know, it feels great to have an exciting new project going.


2. Good health. I've been sick as have my kids and husband, so I'm just now getting back into working out. I love doing yoga and spin class and the combination does wonders for my body and mind.


3. School Visits. The latest two schools were elementary schools, a little younger than I'm used to, so I put together a new presentation called "Imagine the Possibilities!" where I show funny pictures of myself and how many times my dream has changed. It's fun for me to talk about this because it relates to everyone, young and old, and it reminds me just how far I've come as a writer and as a person.


4. Coaching boys' basketball. I've coached soccer and it was such a wonderful experience, and since I actually played basketball once upon a time, I was really looking forward to trying my hand at coaching it. The boys keep me on my toes and it's so amazing how far they've already come.


5. Skiing and snowboarding. Here in Utah, we've had lots of snow which means great days on the ski hill. My youngest is loving the sport so far!


6. Hot air balloons. This is really random, because while we have hot air balloons floating around quite often in the warmer months, it's not every winter day we get to see one.


What has you in a good mood today?

1 comment:

Debbie Rigaud said...

Reading your post has got me in a good mood, Wendy. I'm loving the sound of your "Imagine the Possibilities!" presentation. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing! :-)