Wednesday, April 07, 2010

What I'm Reading


Hi all...I'm writing this on a very cold and and even rainier spring day in Seattle while apparently my friends and family back on the East Coast are in the middle of a heat wave. What I wouldn't do for sunny and 85 right about now.

So to answer this month's question, I'm actually reading three books right now. The first is a book of short stories by this guy named Wells Tower, called Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned. I heard him read a piece on my favorite radio show This American Life and I was blown away by his writing and storytelling. I figured if I read more of his work, I could absorb some literary brilliance by osmosis. So far, it's not working, but I'm enjoying the read.

I also just picked up The Lightning Thief a few nights ago. I saw it on the library shelf while picking out chapter books for my avid reader son and I thought I should check it out and see what all the hubbub is about. It's feeling very Harry Potter-esque to me so far, but am curious to see where it goes.

Lastly, I'm reading an adult nonfiction book by Gretchen Rubin called The Happiness Project that is all about finding ways to bring more joy and happiness into everyday life. I'm all for that. I've picked up a few tidbits here and there, but haven't had an earth-shattering a ha moment yet. I'll let you know if I do!

XOXO Deborah

1 comment:

Kelly McClymer said...

OMG. I am in lust with your cover. It is gorgeous. Those Dorothy slippers...I would have loved to own them when I was young!

Kelly