Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SUMMER is just around the corner!

ENDLESS SUMMER comes out in two weeks. I AM SO EXCITED! I have posted the first chapter if you want a little taste in the meantime. And did you know I have a countdown clock?



Did you know that I can totally stare at the countdown clock for several hours at one sitting, willing the time to pass faster?

Well, time IS passing. I know this because the book has ACTUALLY BEEN PRINTED and my editor sent me a copy. This volume contains the novel ENDLESS SUMMER, which is the sequel to THE BOYS NEXT DOOR. But it also contains THE BOYS NEXT DOOR itself, resulting in a Big Honking Book. How big is it? It weighs 1 pound and 2.4 ounces.



For comparison, an apple weighs 10 ounces.



A strange ceramic object that my small child made me for Mother's Day weighs 3 ounces.



My cat weighs 186 pounds.



Of course, I am really glad to have the book, but it has required some lifestyle changes on my part. I had to buy a new vehicle.



Look for this book in the teen section of bookstores on Tuesday, May 25, okay? If they don't have it, ask them to order it. If they do have it, you probably won't be able to miss it. Take your forklift.

2 comments:

Nicole Burnham said...

I think you should get a balancing scale and put the cat on one side, then the book on the other. Now THAT would be an interesting test!

Can't wait to grab my own copy of ENDLESS SUMMER!

Jennifer Echols said...

That is a good idea but I have a problem with kitty eating my books, so I don't want him too near my only copy.