Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Getting Out More

I'm in rehearsal for play here in Tucson, my second thespian endeavor in the last few years if you count my stint at Old Tucson Studios in 2005. It's a really adult play, and I portray a bisexual character who is everyone else's psychiatrist. The director keeps trying to convince all the actors, most of whom are a lot younger than me, to go for the nudity in the script. But I'm only down to my bathrobe. I'm also doing stand-up comedy and as many speaking engagements as I can muster, since deciding to come out of Novelist Hermit mode. It helps that the kids are just about raised -- got to get the youngest one to age of 18 in December and at least out of high school.

If any of you happen to be in Tucson this weekend, I'm speaking at a couple of public libraries with SF author Timothy Zahn. (I know I should get these in sooner.)


Timothy Zahn and John Vornholt
Saturday, Sept. 22, noon - 4 pm
Dusenberry-River Branch Library
5605 E. River Rd.
and
Sunday, Sept. 23, 1 - 5 pm
Joel D. Valdez Main Library
101 N. Stone Ave.

As usual, you can catch me doing karaoke all over town.

CG

2 comments:

Jennifer Echols said...

It's a really adult play, and I portray a bisexual character who is everyone else's psychiatrist.

Way to get out of Novelist Hermit mode! Jump in with both feet!

What do you sing when you do karaoke? My last number was Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing. The audience was very polite.

Caroline Goode said...

Hi, Jenn. Oh, I've got about a hundred songs I'll do, from Nickelback to old Willy Nelson, but I prefer singing sixties soul music, like Otis Redding and Sam and Dave. Marvin Gaye is great but a little high for my range.