Wednesday, September 19, 2007

When it Rains ...

I was feeling pretty good about myself earlier today. I was tending two little boys (so I had 5 boys in all, ages 7, 5, 4, 2, and 1) and they were all eating PB&J lunches. Then I happened to look outside, where my usually red and light yellow dogs were now dark brown and black, prancing around in a mysterious liquid that was splattered all over the deck.

Paint.

We're having some stucco repairs done and the stucco guys left the paint out. Yes, they are fully aware we have dogs.

So of course by now my baby is fussing for more noodles, and the other kids' faces and hands are covered with cupcake frosting (from a birthday party yesterday), and every second my deck and railing are being stamped by more dog prints and tail-whips.

I put the dogs in their kennel, called the contractor to tell him what was happening, then scrambled around scrubbing faces, scooping noodles, and wiping up paint footprints on the tile ( My 4 year old "didn't hear" me say to stay inside.)

In five minutes, two men were here to scrub. I'm still waiting for the deck to dry, but I think they got it all. All's well that ends well, right? Guess I can cross "scrub down deck" off my to-do list!

No comments: