Monday, October 22, 2007

Oops Moments


Remember that scene in Bridget Jones' Diary when she shows up at a party dressed as a Playboy-esque bunny only to find everyone else is dressed "garden-chic"? Or for those of you who watch the new Gossip Girl series on TV, when Serena is expecting a jeans-kind of night but her date shows up in suit and tie?


On my first official date with my husband, he showed up at my dorm in his tennis outfit. (It was right after tennis practice, but he hadn't thought of changing into something a little less ... sweaty.) I, on the other hand, had taken a whole hour (which is saying a LOT for a girl who took 20 minutes to transform from soccer player-in-overtime to Homecoming dance photo-ready in her high school days) going through my friends' closets and making sure every detail was Just Right. Luckily for me and Serena (there was no hope for Bridget I'm afraid), we could pull the "Oops. I'm running a bit behind ... Let me just go in and change into something more comfortable," and go along like nothing's wrong.


Unfortunately, here's something for which there is no quick fix. This is a photo from our first annual Eden Writers' Fall Conference, which took place this last weekend. Apparently, this was the only photo that turned out of the Eden Writers and the key note speaker, hilarious and inspirational screenwriter David Sheffield. It will be in the photo show that we're sending to all the attendees and the albums we're sending to our amazing presenters. I'm on the right. Um, didn't the photographer say it was going to be a "crazy" photo, to pull faces, etc? I guess I was just hearing things. Great.


So, if you feel like helping me feel like less of an idiot, I'd love to hear your stories about being caught doing or wearing something Totally Wrong. :)


3 comments:

Jennifer Echols said...

You just look eccentric, and writers are supposed to be eccentric. You look like the real thing. ;)

Wendy Toliver said...

Ah, yes. Eccentric. LOL! :)

Micol Ostow said...

For me it's more like the sarcastic comments that go right over people's heads. My boyfriend's parents NEVER get my jokes--they clearly think I'm insane (which is totally beside the point...)

Anyway, you look like you're having fun!