Saturday, February 28, 2009

Top 10 Signs that I’m Up Against a Tight Deadline

10. I have not set foot outside all day…
9. Which is fine, because I’m still in my pajamas…
8. And I haven’t showered…
7. And I’m not really sure what day it is anyway.
6. My caffeine intake has tripled.
5. I keep moving from my office to the living room just for a change of scene.
4. I freak when my printer runs out of ink at midnight. (Because I like to edit on actual paper.)
3. I’m already at the computer before The Today Show comes on.
2. I take inexplicable breaks to blog because my mind is mush and I guess it needs to focus on something else.

And the #1 sign that I am on a tight deadline:
I’m all out of Pop-Tarts.

4 comments:

Jennifer Echols said...

I keep moving from my office to the living room just for a change of scene.

I am with you on this one--I'm headed to the living room now. Fight through it P.J.! You can do it! I should FedEx you some Pop Tarts.

Debbie Rigaud said...

Great top ten list, P.J.. I can so relate. Here's to a timely finish!

P.J. Ruditis said...

Thanks Jenn. Thanks Debbie.

Since we're having a beautiful 80 degree weekend here I forced myself out of the house to walk to Target and pick up some Pop-Tarts ... and printer ink.

Kelly McClymer said...

Thank goodness you restocked the Pop Tarts! Did you know Albertson's delivers?

I was soooo where you were two weeks ago. When I went out for the first time in a few days (it was 25 degrees) I squinted at the sight of the sun.

Kelly