Saturday, August 22, 2009

Here, Kitty Kitty!

I've always been a cat person. When my husband and I bought our first house, it didn't take long for us to get a kitten. She was very sickly and tiny at first, but she grew into the most beautiful, spunky, crazy cat I've ever had. That's Moxie, prowling behind me in the photo. Now she's very old and after several visits to the vet, it's evident she won't live much longer. But don't get sad; something great has happened!

You see, last week, my family was on a walk and as we passed a bush by the highway, I heard a kitten mew. The tiniest ball of gray fur came bounding out and instantly cozied up to us. After playing with her for a little while, my youngest son looked up at his dad with those big blue eyes and said, "Can I have the kitty for my birthday?" (Yes, it was the day before his third birthday. Smart kid, eh?) So we knocked on doors but no one had any info on the kitten. We took her home and introduced her to Moxie and fed her and played with her. The next morning, she'd left a dead mouse on our doorstep. (I'd rather a box of chocolate or a flower or something, but maybe she's trainable.)

I could go on and on about how fun little Zoey is, and how she's the friendliest cat I've ever known. But back to Moxie, our geriatric kitty. Bringing home the new kitten has breathed new life into her. She's out and about more, kind of showing the kitten the lay of the land. They eat together, sleep together, go on strolls together. It's really something! So I'm confident that if Moxie passes away sometime soon, her last days will have been improved because of the little kitten who chose to live with us.


6 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

She's completely and totally adorable!!!

Wendy Toliver said...

Aw, thanks Alyson!

Nicole Burnham said...

What a beauty! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Wendy Toliver said...

You're welcome, Niki! Thanks for commenting. :) I just love it when people blog about their pets, especially baby fuzzy ones.

Nayla94 said...

I am a big fan of the Romantic Comedy books and I am the hugest fans of kittens and cats! i've had around 5 or 6 cats throughout my life. I want another so badly but my family has a dog right now o my chances are slim :(

Wendy Toliver said...

Nayla94, it sounds like you've had a lot of fun pets. Hopefully another cat is in your future! :)