Tuesday, January 05, 2010

What will I be writing in 2010?

Happy New Year, everyone! So, what will I be writing this year? I'm currently polishing up a proposal and sample chapters for a book that is vastly different from the seven other books I have published. All I can say is that I am super excited about it, and it's YA. I'll always love writing romantic comedies, and hopefully -- publishers willing -- I'll be able to wear both hats. Like many of the other ro com authors I have small children. Writing time is precious, so a good dose of inspiration has to be running through my veins to commit myself to an entire manuscript. I'm definitely feeling inspired!


Jennifer Echols said...

Writers who DON'T have small children should have to write in the middle of a mosh pit, just to make things fair.

Debbie Rigaud said...

Best wishes for a productive 2010, Whitney!
Jennifer--LOL!! Some of us non-moms envy the baby-boot-camp trained writers who do a lot with little time. You guys have superhuman time managment skills!

Wendy Toliver said...

Ha ha, Jennifer! That's about what it's like.

Happy New Year, Whitney!

Kelly McClymer said...

I would have been with Jenn's comment...fifteen years ago. Now...hey, I paid my dues :-)

Good luck with the new book -- isn't it wonderful to skydive into something when you're not sure where you'll land?