Sunday, January 11, 2009

All A-Twitter... Sort of...

I have to give a shout out to Simon Pulse for the fabulous work they've done on their website! Do you want to know more about your favorite Simon Pulse author? You can find out right on the website.

For example, if you want to know about me, you can go here.

If you want to know about any other of your favorite authors, just type in their name and go find out. Try it with some of the bloggers here, just to...you know...test it out.

I will confess, I wasn't sure what was going to happen when my editor contacted me about this page, but I was willing to play. So I answered the questions they asked, and...this part was hard...joined Facebook and Friendfeed. I couldn't quite bring myself to Twitter, yet. But I'm working up my courage. Facebook scares me (I'm on MySpace, which I still barely understand), but after my Christmas holiday odyssey (8 days, 5 destinations, a gazillion relatives, 72 hours of driving, plus one flat tire), I succumbed to my sister's insistence and learned Facebook. My family loves it, and I was glad I joined because I got to see everyone's trip home pictures pretty quickly (one of my cousin's daughters is a fabulous photographer -- she was snapping away on Christmas day as we participated in a family tournament of Wiifit, pool, poker, Whip It and Bunco.

This is a quick pic April took of one set of Bunco dice (she's only in high school!).





So -- I guess I have Simon Pulse and my youngest sister to thank for dragging me further into the instant age.

I may even be ready for Twitter soon...maybe.

Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday (wouldn't have missed mine...well, except maybe for the flat tire part of it).

Kelly

1 comment:

Micol Ostow said...

Don't fear the Twitter! It's fun! Come join us!