Thursday, July 26, 2007

forthcoming

If you'd like to see the cover of my newest book, THE YEAR MY SISTER GOT LUCKY --- my first ever hardcover -- which will be coming out in December, please check out my MySpace profile: www.myspace.com\aimeefriedman, and click on the "Pictures" link.

I am so excited about this book, in a big way because it is probably my most personal since A NOVEL IDEA (I blogged about the book in this post). In some ways, it's like a longer, juicier (and maybe in parts a little more dramatic) RoCom, so I hope fans of the RoCom series will find their way to it this winter... (and please note that you can pre-order it on Amazon now!)

It's strange to write, or think, about winter now, in the sticky thick of summer. I am about to head off on my first "real" vacation all summer: spending a week on the beach in Montauk with my family (insert long luxurious sigh here...). Other summer activities I have done so far, and thoroughly enjoyed:

* Spending a magical afternoon at The Cloisters (my boyfriend's birthday surprise for me!) and having dinner at the New Leaf Cafe, which is perched high above the Hudson in Fort Tryon Park

*Strolling through HARRY POTTER PLACE behind Scholastic with my friends from work, making wands and taking pictures of the faux Whomping Willow and feeling the summer air crackle with anticipation (I am holding off on reading HARRY until my vacation, so no spoilers PLEEASSE!!!).

* The simple pleasure of a weekend morning spent lying on a soft blanket in Central Park with sunscreen, a giant iced coffee, and the Sunday Times, eavesdropping on conversations from other blankets and watching toddlers run through the grass.

Maybe I'm inspired by the title of my book, but summer in the city can really make a girl feel...lucky.

More soon!

Best,

Aimee

2 comments:

Little Willow said...

I am looking forward to it. Hurrah for dancers!

Aimee Friedman said...

Thanks for all the support!

Did you study dance growing up? (or do you still dance?)

A former ballerina,
Aimee