Tuesday, July 24, 2007

If it's Tuesday, it's humid in Montpelier


I won't say that the summer residency at Vermont College flew by, but I still can't believe that I'm leaving here today. Summer rez is just like winter rez, except that this time, I'm not a newbie. Other factors that contributed to a very pleasant writerly experience:
-staying at Betsy's B&B with fellow Vermonsters Gwenda and Kate, rather than in the dorms. Air conditioning! TV! A kitchenette! Really, it was just like college. Except I think that back in college, I was probably more mature.
-enjoying a great workshop with Sharon Darrow. I rather think that if, god forbid, I didn't have parents, Sharon Darrow and David Gifaldi would do just fine.
-walking into town by the light of day--no seasonal affective disorder here!
-"Special Day," which I mocked mercilessly for its silly title, but enjoyed heartily for its powerhouse roster of YA presenters: David Levithan, MT Anderson, Anita Silvey, Martine Leavitt, and others.
-seeing my books on display at the Barre Book Fair, challenging Kate to Scrabble at the Saturday night party, hosting our fellow second semesters for wine and munchies in our common room, soaking in lectures and feeling like I'm starting to understand the faculty just that much more. Getting assigned to Uma Krishnaswami as an advisee.

Uma is very excited to be working on TRIBE and, after a quick recharge in Williamstown this weekend with Noah, I am super-psyched to dive in. Should be a great--if tiring--semester.

Oh, and if you have a moment, by all means, check out my newly-redesigned website: www.micolostow.com. Made over to coincide with the EMILY paperback (coming this September!). Big props to Little Willow for her fabulous artistic savvy.

1 comment:

Little Willow said...

Thank you for asking me to redesign your site! I'm so glad that you like the end result. :)