Friday, August 24, 2007

Leaving the Magic Behind

Hey all!

Just got back fom Disneyworld. It was hot, steamy, and a total blast. Gotta love that mouse. Anyone who can smlle as kids sweaty kids hug him andpaw all over him deserves props. And don't try to tell me that it's just a guy in a costume. I'm not gonna believe you!

It is such fun to get away on vacation. Just letting your brain rest is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. And you know I didn't bring my laptop on the Rockin' Roller Coaster or Space Mountain! It was a total battery recharge, and I have come back ready to write.

In fact, I'm working on a new Rocom to be released next summer! It's exciting to be back in the teen brain (a little confusing, too, I admit) as it's been ages since I wrote a new teen novel. Having two series running simultaneously leaves little time for a long novel, but this summer I indulged myself and took on the challenge. I will let you all know more about the book in a bit, but for now I like playing things close to the vest. And besides, I'm in a playful mysterious mood today.

On a different note, I have been interviewed for the new Author's Channel on the 'net. Right now, the interviews that are edited and posted as video blogs are about the Katie Kazoo series, but the teen stuff and the interviews about the How I Survived Middle School series will be posted on the channel shortly. Here's the link to the channel. Just scroll down until you find children's books, and click. Then search for the book/author you want to hear speaking about their craft.

http://vidshadow.com/authors_top.asp

Hope you're all enjoying your own lazy, crazy days of summer. . .

xxo

N

1 comment:

Wendy Toliver said...

Very cool about the vacation, and how fun to be working on a new RoCom novel. Good for you!