Monday, August 20, 2007

School's back in session!

School around here starts this week and the stores are stocked with back-to-school clothes and supplies. It brings me back to when I was in school and all the excitement of the first day. What will my teacher be like? Who will be in my class? Will I make the basketball team? What track events will I do this year? What am I going to wear? How am I going to do my hair? And, most importantly, will there be any totally hot new guys at my school?

What is it about the new guys? Is it the mystery factor, or the fact that they're not already assigned to a certain clique and therefore up for grabs? In my WIP there's an adorable new guy from Texas who wins the heart of the main character. Of course, he's good looking and he has a mesmerizing drawl. But what I think is really cool about him is he's not caught up in appearances and he's willing to hang out with anyone, regardless of cliques or groups.

For those of you going back to school, good luck! And don't forget to be yourself. :)

No comments: