Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Ro-Com Launched!

As comedienne Chelsea Handler says, "What a whirlwind!" My second Simon Pulse Romantic Comedy, MISS MATCH, came out on Feb. 11 and it's been non-stop excitement ever since. First, Salt Lake City radio station 97.1 ZHT had a crazy Valentine's Day Massacre at Valley Fair Mall. 97 ladies hurled their bodies into a huge cake in search of a diamond ring and other prizes. The deejays invited me to come for an interview. It was a blast! Only next year, I want to sign up to do the cake diving! (BTW, this is a photo of the cake dive, NOT people diving for the last copy of MISS MATCH. Haha.)

Then, on Valentine's Day, I drove to Tooele, Utah for a Kids Love Authors event at the Purple Cow Bookstore. You can check it out here (The Purple Cow's blog) and here (Sara Zarr's blog). Pictured here are (back row: Mike Knudsen, me, Randall Wright, Emily Wing Smith; front row: Kristen Landon, Sara Zarr, Jessica Day George, Anne Bowen)

And finally, we had an open house at my home to welcome MISS MATCH into the world. Even though we got a reported 31 inches of snow that day, had to get two vehicles unstuck, and other exciting mishaps, people actually showed up in their snow gear and 4x4s to snack and hang out with my mom, sis, bro, and cousin who were so kind to fly out here to help celebrate.

All and all, it's been a very exciting and fun week, but I have to admit a long soak in the bathtub sounds really good about now. (Did I mention I got a new snowboard for my birthday--which is coming up March 3--and have been taking full advantage of it with my brother in town?) So I'm going to cut this post short and indulge. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day and thanks for stopping by the Ro-Com blog!


2 comments:

Debbie Rigaud said...

Congrats, Wendy! What an exciting time--book-launching, snow-shoveling, cake-diving and all. I'm looking forward to reading MISS MATCH. :-) Debbie
p.s. Happy birthday, fellow piscean. Haaaaay to the March mommas!

Wendy Toliver said...

Thanks, Debbie! And yes, we fishy women need to stick together. :)