Thursday, February 07, 2008

Snow Days

Even though I work at home (except for a few hours a week tutoring in the next town over), I still enjoy a good snow day. When the cancellations start to roll in the morning, I scan for the ones in my town. It's like getting a free pass for the day -- extra time, if you will.

The down side (for me) comes the next day...when I have to try to walk on slushy or icy sidewalks and make turns with my vision obscured by mountains of snow plowed up when the roads were cleared.

In other words, the older I get, the more I put snow angels, snow forts and snowmen behind me, the more I like snow days but grow weary of snow.

I long for this:


I may get it in a few weeks, for a few weeks. And then back to snow.

I've come to the conclusion that snow is like babies: beautiful in the beginning so you'll put up with the annoyance when they hang around :-)

I think I'm going to plan better in the future -- next winter I'm writing a book set on the beach. At least then I can escape to warm temperatures in my mind, no matter the weather outside.

Kelly

1 comment:

Jennifer Echols said...

At least then I can escape to warm temperatures in my mind, no matter the weather outside

This works really well! The Boys Next Door is set in the summer, but I really enjoyed writing it mostly in November.