Monday, September 01, 2008

Distraction = State Fair

Last time I posted on this blog, I said I would be done with my next Romantic Comedy the next time you heard from me.

I lied.

I am one kiss shy of done, and I can't get that last page or two written. It's making me crazy! I WILL be done by next weekend, as I am booked up with a very important social event: celebrating my twins' first birthdays.

One of the things that has pulled me away from my last few pages this week was the Minnesota State Fair (see photo reference of me and my little girl in the Sky Glider). Paw, you say. A State Fair. Who cares. Well....Minnesotans take their State Fair very seriously and it is a major annual event here (which I am just rediscovering, given that I relocated from NYC last fall).

Perhaps you've heard of our State Fair because of all the food-on-a-stick? For instance...cheese on a stick, alligator on a stick, key lime pie (dipped in chocolate) on a stick, reuben on a stick, spaghetti and meatballs on a stick, hot dish on a stick. Total items on a stick? 63! (Check this out!)

This year's new addition to the MN State Fair food roster: chocolate covered bacon!

And all I had was cotton candy.

Later,
E.

5 comments:

P.J. Ruditis said...

Chocolate covered bacon!!!

I am booking the next flight out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh how cool to see another Minnesotan who loves the fair. I'm from New Mexico, and our fair just started. I'm afraid the foods on a stick are not nearly so exotic as your fair's.

WHITNEY LYLES said...

Fair food is dangerous. You should've seen what I ate at the San Diego Fair when we took my daughter in June. I was the fat preggo lady with a cinnamon roll and corndog --both bigger than my head. Next time you go, let me know how that key lime is.

WHITNEY LYLES said...

Oh, and I can totally relate to those last two pages!! I never write the ending until the very end -- even after several drafts.

Kelly McClymer said...

I do believe you've given me some ideas for what to make for dinner for a while. All I need to do is figure out how to get the spaghetti and meatballs to stay on the stick!